We will meet at a roadside fruit stand off of Kuhio Hwy at 8:30 am. The fruit stand opens at 7:30 am – if you get there early you can order coffee, a smoothie, or something for breakfast.
From the fruit stand we will caravan about 10 minutes down the road to a parking area next to our activity location – an undeveloped stretch of coastline with access to the beach, ocean, and coastal forests. Once there, we will circle up under the shade of ironwood trees to introduce ourselves and check in about what we will be doing for the next several hours.
Activities will vary depending on weather conditions that day and the interest of the group. Potential topics include:
1) Survival fire making
2) Nature observation & wildlife tracking
3) Nature meditation & observation skills
4) Foraging for food and studying medicinal or otherwise useful plants
5) Rope & cordage making
6) Survival shelter building
7) Primitive fish & animal traps
8) Water procurement & filtration
9) The art of camouflage
10) Survival pack essentials